• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google+ & Texts

Muilisx

Android Expert
Jan 7, 2011
Long Island, NY
Whenever I send a text message, my Google+/Youtube profile pic shows up to the right. I looked everywhere and I can't find how to unlink Google+ on my phone or find to not display the pic. If I disable the Google+ account, it will mess with YT so I can't, and I don't want to turn off the app because it may break other Google apps so I'm not sure what I should do.

Not sure about the pic thing mate but everything will run fine without g+.
I think the pic is associated with your google account though, not the g+ app :thumbup:

It's just odd because text messages should have nothing to do with Google as it's simple SMS through the carrier so I'm not sure why it's even displaying anything related to Google.

Upvote 0
Ok, it has to do with the " ME " Profile in Contacts but I don't see how to turn that off. It's actually odd to me to even see myself listed so I deleted the profile but now I have a blank face next to my texts like the rest of my contacts do as I removed my Google profile pic too.

For now, I just pulled a pic from FB, and I'm using that for now until I can research deeper.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones