• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Voice Installation Problem

la sal

Android Expert
Feb 19, 2011
Waukesha, WI
My options in settings are:
Do not disturb
My phone number
Voicemail playback
Sync and notifications
Sign out
Legal
My google number
Build number
Dogfood settings

From what I have read on this forum, Making Calls is supposed to show up between Do Not Disturb and This Phone's Number.

I downloaded the app over Sprint's 3G as I am not at home right now or in a place with wifi access. Not sure if that matters or not.

I am trying to learn how to make free calls over wifi using Google Voice. It won't be much use for myself but I am trying to learn how to do it to show a family member who could really use it.

You are correct. Making calls should show up between those two options. I wasn't aware you could make calls over WiFi though... I haven't updated to the newest version of the app.

Have you gone through and done all the set up for the app?

Also, I guess I should also mention I do not have the GB update on my phone either. But the Making Calls option shows up on my Nexus, so I don't think that should be the issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones