• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Widget - please confirm working?

spiritbear0

Oct 25, 2010
Hello all,

I add the google search widget to my homescreen and it appears, but is NOT clickable.. when you click on it, it just highlights an orange box and nothing happens.

That widget, and other market widgets appear to work (like Black Google Search widget) but I would rather not use third party search and prefer to use the native widget.

Would some of you please try adding the google search widget and see if it works?

Thanks!

Hi Mahni

Mine does not work. After I click on the search box, it just glows orange and nothing happens.

The one (default) when i click Widget is a grey widget with blue "g" in it and says "Search". This doesn't work.

After I download the new Google+ from Market, there is an blue widget and it says "Google Search". This one works fine.

So why do i have to get Google+ just to get Search widget working. Why doesn't the default one with grey widget work?

Thanks

Hi
I ' m using it now It works
after orange box appears, it change the page and goes to search page. that have keyboard to type your word.
مهاجرت به کانادا

Upvote 0
Hi Mahni

Mine does not work. After I click on the search box, it just glows orange and nothing happens.

The one (default) when i click Widget is a grey widget with blue "g" in it and says "Search". This doesn't work.

After I download the new Google+ from Market, there is an blue widget and it says "Google Search". This one works fine.

So why do i have to get Google+ just to get Search widget working. Why doesn't the default one with grey widget work?

Thanks

Faulty widget present in Firmware/phone .Just install another one ,it will work fine :D.
Install the attached file and replace it :D

Upvote 0
Mahdi

Hi, thanks this one works perfectly. Thanks! I couldn't install it from the web - it said download failed, but I copy it to USB and install from File manager and it said replace stock, I said Yes, and it adds the widget. This is the one which I got by installing Google+ from market, and it works, so that's great.

I believe you are correct that the stock one is defective.

thanks very much!

Faulty widget present in Firmware/phone .Just install another one ,it will work fine :D.
Install the attached file and replace it :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones