• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

grades calculator

thikn

Lurker
Oct 16, 2012
Hello guys, yet another newbie here...
I want an app that calculate the grade that someone from my university needs to score not to fail the semester.
Sorry for my monkey english.
The thing is, all I have is this c++ code I've made.. I don't know anything about development. Are you able to build an app just with it? Here goes the code.
Code:
#include<stdio.h>
#include<conio.h>
#include <cstdlib>
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
   float a,b,gradetest2;
   printf ("INSERT YOUR FACTOR\n");
   scanf ("%f",& a);
   printf ("INSERT YOUR GRADE ON TEST 1\n");
   scanf ("%f",& b);
   gradetest2=((4.95) - (b*0.4*a))/(0.6*a);
   cout<<"You need "<<gradetest2<<" not to fail"<<endl;
      if (gradetest2 <=3)
         {
            printf ("YOU CAN PARTY");
            getch();
         }
   else
          {
               printf ("STUDY HARD, BITCH");
                getch();
           }
   system("pause");
   return EXIT_SUCCESS;
   }
Yes, it works.
Can anybody help me?
Thanks in advance!

just so you know it, 'factor' is something that will multiply your grades.. it goes from 0.8 to 1.1

I've built a pretty simple but hopefully effective app.
But it would be awesome if you could list some sample input numbers and output results so that I can put those in and make sure that everything is being calculated correctly since I'm not familiar with your grading system.

Edit: Put it up Here, its rather simple but it will hopefully do what you need it to.

Upvote 0
I've built a pretty simple but hopefully effective app.
But it would be awesome if you could list some sample input numbers and output results so that I can put those in and make sure that everything is being calculated correctly since I'm not familiar with your grading system.

Edit: Put it up Here, its rather simple but it will hopefully do what you need it to.

sorry man, just seen it. can you post again?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones