• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GS2KernelWipe Script

Omg.

TAXI.....

festival%20vomit.jpeg

Upvote 0
Updated to V2.03

v2.03 (13/02/2013)
1. Numerous display updates
2. init.d folder no longer cleared on mass, but specifically known kernel scripts are cleared instead, thus retaining any startup scripts that may have been installed by a custom ROM.
3. Log file now goes to /sdcard/MyBackups/HawkerLogs so that they are grouped with logs from my other scripts

Reactions: Twinn
Upvote 0
Durr..! What do you think?

The thread on XDA have no instruction either.

:thinking:

Very first line of the post reads...

GS2KernelWipe is a cleaning script that I have developed that is run through CWM Recovery before you flash your new kernel.

So, like any other script, it is flashed through CWM Recovery by using, "install from sdcard!. The same as a ROM or a kernel or a mod.

This also applies if you are using the S3! ;)

Reactions: THE RED BLUR
Upvote 0
How is the same? I flashed my Rom and kernel through odin not this CWM SD card.

Once you are rooted, I believe this is your second time of being rooted, you can use .zip files and flash through CWM Recovery.

My own first post, #1, in the, "Siyah kernel - Dummies Guide", that I refered you to in an earlier post, quite clearly states how to flash the KernelWipe, step-by-step...

Download the .zip version of the Siyah kernel and Hawker's, GS2Wiper and place them on your external SD card, safest place, (if you downloaded them using your phone they will be in... "/sdcard/Download"), and then go into CWM Recovery and select, "install zip from sdcard", followed by, "choose .zip from sdcard", and then navigate down the menu until you get to "GS2Wiper" and install it. It is a small script that wipes any crud from your previous kernel and takes about 2 seconds to complete. You then navigate to "Siyah-v3.?", and install it and then reboot your phone.

Upvote 0
no idea, ironAss advised me to use your GS2wiper, then don't want to really help.

Seems like he's been trying to help you a lot to me.

Where did he tell you to install GS2Wiper?
The first post on here from you that I can see is asking how to install GS2KernelWipe.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones