• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] How to Flash Recovery AND Setup AndroidSDK (Revised)

A while back, when I was first learning how to flash the getitnowmarketing recovery, I was directed to install just the Android SDK tools and the and the Platform tools. Then I could run ADB shell under to push commands to the phone, such as doing all the commands necessary to flash the recovery.

This is what you read correct

joneidy said:
To get service back and root you need to download adb. Go to Android SDK | Android Developers and download the file that ends on .zip. Extract it to your C:\ drive. Go to C:\android-sdk-windows and open sdkmanager.exe. After is open a windows will pop out click reject on all files except for:
Android SDK Tools and Android SDK Platform tools. Make sure USB debugging is activated (On your phone go to settings> applications>development and check USB debugging) Then open up Cmd and type the following: cd C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools.

When you follow those you end up with the folder on your hard drive inside that folder are the files I showed.

Upvote 0
It says for me:

Cannot create /system/bin/flash_image: read-only file system

any thoughts

thanks

Sorry to bump this thread. I'm using the terminal emulator and I got the same error all I did was continue on to the next line of code and then I used an app called "AnReboot" to boot into recovery mode and I got the all in one recovery working perfectly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones