• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] How to Partition Your SD Card

WTF! I'm getting annoyed at this damn phone. Maybe it's user error? Can anyone list instructions on how to partition the sd card (i believe what the original poster said is how you do it). then place everything back on sd card. have a file explorer and search through the "a2sd-2.7-update3r1-signed" folder and download the .apk file

after it's installed reboot the phone. ether way i'm getting lost on this step...

9. Make sure you have Apps2SD checked under Settings > Applications. (You don't have to do this with some ROMs)
10. To check if you have partitioned your SD card correctly, go to Settings > SD card & phone storage > SD card secondary.

if i go to settings > applications i don''t see anything also....
in step 10. i never see SD CARD SECONDARY!??!!

I've followed the steps multiple times but it never partitions the sd card.

**edit**

***REVISED & Easier*** How To Install Apps2sd with Evil Eris 3.0 - HTC Droid Eris Forum

about to try that.

do i need to flash evil eris 3.0 with that update from that link? like flash it like a rom. like when i first installed evil eris 3.0? ((press up key and power button; go into boot mode and flash the evil eris 3.0 update to the system??? kind of like a rom? )))

damnit, i wish someone would just give me there phone number so i can figure this out. :( shrug

Ok, deep breaths. We can get it solved.

The update that he is talking about is the same file I linked to in my post. All you should need to do is flash that and it should start running.

In EE3.0 steps 9 and 10 won't work as it isn't set to show those things.

Try flashing the update and see if your available memory goes up on the phone.

Reactions: AdrianC14
Upvote 0
Ok, deep breaths. We can get it solved.

The update that he is talking about is the same file I linked to in my post. All you should need to do is flash that and it should start running.

In EE3.0 steps 9 and 10 won't work as it isn't set to show those things.

Try flashing the update and see if your available memory goes up on the phone.

flash it like i flashed the evil eris rom in the android system recovery right?

flash zip from sdcard.

EDIT:

about to do what i said above. flashing the update rom

Upvote 0
for evil eris 3.0 users follow this.

1. install evil eris 3.0
2. exactly the way you got evil eris 3.0 to flash onto the eris.
flash the evil eris 3.0 kernel update http://www.darktremor.info/files/eris/ee3kernel-signed.zip

A. backup your sd card to your computer. can't stress this enough, as partitioning will wipe the entire card.
B. Reboot into recovery
c. In android system recovery, select partition sdcard
d. In the partition sdcard menu, select partition sd
e. Follow the instructions on the phone to partition your sd card. You can optionally set a swap file while you are partitioning your sd card.
F. In the partition sdcard menu, select sd:ext2 to ext3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
G. only perform this step if you want ext4 and your rom supports it: in the partition sdcard menu, select sd:ext3 to ext4. Follow the instructions on the sdcard.
h. Press the back button on the phone to go back to the main menu.
I. Put the a2sd file on the sd card (and all your other files you backed up earlier) by selecting usb-ms toggle and transfer the files to your computer. 3. In recovery, select flash zip from sdcard.
4. In flash zip from sdcard, select the a2sd package file you downloaded earlier. Press home to flash.
5. Reboot phone.

is that what i should do? exactly what i wrote above? it's been a couple minutes and my phone is just black. i think i bricked it and deleted all the data off the sd card trying to partition it. anyone got an idea what i should do? pull the battery out and try to do a backup? anyone know how to do a backUP?

Upvote 0
No, there is no boot animation in EE and the first boot takes long.

i understand that but i flashed it with the kernel update for evil eris 3.0 and now it's been at least 10minutes and the phone is just black. i don't think it's going to start. i'll ride it out for another 10minutes from this post but if it doesn't come alive how would i just put evil eris 3.0 back?

last thing i did was two posts above this one.

i flashed the kernel update in the system
then i rebooted the phone
or maybe after i flashed it i swiped the sd card and tried to partition it.
i forget. fuuuu

Upvote 0
I would give it another 10 minutes and then if nothing changes pull the battery. You can always reload the the rom, update and a2sd fto the sd card from the recovery console. Don't worry, it isn't toast or anything.

If it won't load, just start from scratch and reflash everything.

right, i backed up everything before i killed it. i'm guessing after i did the kernel update i swiped the sd card so maybe that had something to do with it? i'm really not sure. this shit is annoying. anyways, the reason why it wasn't working was because i didn't flash the kernel update right?

Upvote 0
right, i backed up everything before i killed it. i'm guessing after i did the kernel update i swiped the sd card so maybe that had something to do with it? i'm really not sure. this shit is annoying. anyways, the reason why it wasn't working was because i didn't flash the kernel update right?

Probably. I didn't do it either in the beginning and had to do this really overly complicated adb shell script to get it running. The update looks like a much easier way to get it running.

Upvote 0
post_old.gif
Today, 08:16 PM

current time is 8:44 pm

it's been over 20minutes since it bricked so i think i'm just going to start out from scratch again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones