• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] ZTE vital/supreme Unbrick Guide

Any option on stock recovery to turn off signature verification? I think it failed because its not signed. ( Super R already said that didn't see it until after posting this)You can actually try the Mobster Rom or any Rom for our phone it just has to be renamed update.zip

None of them will work because none of them are signed by zte.

Upvote 0
side note, fastboot is now just a red light with the screen off... no picture or backlight, every phone that came out after the sequent is like that, so if you think its broken kuz andy isnt stuck there that isnt the case

All I really know since I don't have one is that several people have tried fastboot boot. They even tried using my warp2 cwm installer iso to issue the commands to be sure, with no success. I am still not convinced myself, but without a device to test...

Upvote 0
right, im pretty sure it works on the flash though. it wont let you fastboot flash, but fastboot boot should still work on both just like all the other ztes. im gonna chalk it up to user error, but at the same time itll be a challenge to set up properly, its looking like this guy doesnt have much of a choice if he cant boot though

Upvote 0
I am having both in hand, vital and flash.. TBH, I tried all f**king way to check if it works with fastboot.. But it doesnt even get detected to speak with fastboot.. I tired on both windows and linux (real linux not on VM).. IT doesnt even get detected.. even lsusb doesnt displayed it .. Its kindda complicated..

also we need to be rooted, if we want to restore our phone through ftm. or else SU wont work.. many most probably rooted with "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_" method.. In this method su is old. so su command goes in endless loopss in FTM mode. IT doesnt works for FTM .. (you need old adb version, to get it worked) . I checked this, as my office was having an older version of adb. It doesnt worked with ZTE given adb...

also, I recommended kingo for rooting.. Its su works with newer adb version..

Upvote 0
oh yea before i forget. some usb controllers dont agree with fastboot on some of these devices so altho i do believe you when you say its not possible there is still a slim chance its the computer rejecting it. seen it happen before as has superr, if i remember correctly two out of three of his pcs wouldnt connect to fastboot, might be thinking of something or someone else tho

Upvote 0
oh yea before i forget. some usb controllers dont agree with fastboot on some of these devices so altho i do believe you when you say its not possible there is still a slim chance its the computer rejecting it. seen it happen before as has superr, if i remember correctly two out of three of his pcs wouldnt connect to fastboot, might be thinking of something or someone else tho

adb reboot bootloader goes to bootloader i guess Same as you told. red led on..

Maybe possible, my laptop rejecting it.. something is really weird about this device.. I tried once on my office laptop, it was same, no detection.. But, I still feel that there maybe something..

someone else should try it...
USB controller maybe rejecting it..
First part is detection, then comes fastboot.. I have also gone through your thread force fastboot install and some other guide too.. But in all the case device gets detected, then we can proceed force driver installation .... but here on my laptop it doesn't ..

Upvote 0

Yea, that was the fastboot flash command that only worked on certain pc's and even then certain usb ports. fastboot boot works on all my pc's and usb ports. I have found some usb cables that won't work. That's always a fun one. They connect fine with mtp when the os is booted, but not for adb or fastboot.

Seems very unfriendly to take away our fastboot functions. Are they trying to lose the small fan base they have? lol

Upvote 0
Yea, that was the fastboot flash command that only worked on certain pc's and even then certain usb ports. fastboot boot works on all my pc's and usb ports. I have found some usb cables that won't work. That's always a fun one. They connect fine with mtp when the os is booted, but not for adb or fastboot.

Seems very unfriendly to take away our fastboot functions. Are they trying to lose the small fan base they have? lol

wow.. some cables too??? LOL I should actually try with original ZTE cables and different pcs.. Its really weird..

As per what i know there are 5 lines.. one +5v, one ground, 2 data lines.. and one is sense line which is not in many cables. Thats not required.. which is usually grounded..

Upvote 0
but yea i am gonna have to assume some zte devices have low output voltage, or at least badly regulated, kinda like bcrichster and his clock issues. its cheap bargain bin parts, so getting precise signals to or from anything is always gonna be iffy, and with a lossy cable even if it works normally that doesnt mean its gonna be able to sustain a clear signal. mtp mode has a buffer, so if it loses a bit it can make it up, adb and fastboot dont

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones