• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDES] Downgrade ZVD/ZVC To ZVB/Emer. PB Recovery

The other option for grabbing the tot/bin file is to type *.* in the [File Name] box shown in the picture below. Sometimes when it is indeed placed on the desktop the program does not show it in order to select it.:thinking:

I will update this in the guide soon. :D
IMG_20120129_071125.jpg

Upvote 0
Register the Vs910.DLL file again. In the program hit file -select dll-and select the Vs910.DLL. Should work now.

Hey having some issues... First I can not get any "register" option for the VS910.DLL file. Phone shows up as "UNKNOWN" ... dont know if that makes a difference but I am running windows XP and there is no option to register the .DLL file. Also, when i choose file - select DLL - the only option is LGNPST_Utility5.dll.

Upvote 0
Hey having some issues... First I can not get any "register" option for the VS910.DLL file. Phone shows up as "UNKNOWN" ... dont know if that makes a difference but I am running windows XP and there is no option to register the .DLL file. Also, when i choose file - select DLL - the only option is LGNPST_Utility5.dll.

Driving to work...check the thread...xp issue..will be in touch :)

squirrels just pm'ed you some info!

Upvote 0
Hey squirrel. How did you get yours to register?

Not sure if you mean me or the other squirrel (2 squirrels is just weird). I'm on XP. Other than the instructions, I just had to Google how to register a dll on XP (regsvr32), and before clicking start on the tool, I had to click on file and select the VS910.dll file.

Reactions: lleryt1 and gbiggie
Upvote 0
Not sure if you mean me or the other squirrel (2 squirrels is just weird). I'm on XP. Other than the instructions, I just had to Google how to register a dll on XP (regsvr32), and before clicking start on the tool, I had to click on file and select the VS910.dll file.

I know right(2 Squirrel's-one male one female;)) you two had me confused as to who needed help LOL! Working on getting lleryt1 downgraded right now-he is on Windows 7 btw :D.

Ran out of time yesterday to put the XP instruction in the guide-should have time today to do that!

So what ROM you going with Mr. SquirrelNuts :eek:? HAHA

Upvote 0
I know right(2 Squirrel's-one male one female;)) you two had me confused as to who needed help LOL! Working on getting lleryt1 downgraded right now-he is on Windows 7 btw :D.

Ran out of time yesterday to put the XP instruction in the guide-should have time today to do that!

So what ROM you going with Mr. SquirrelNuts :eek:? HAHA

I'll save these instructions, so I can test out future LG failures... :rolleyes:

Went with GingerSteem Extreme 1.5, love the lock screen and theme... And the OC isn't bad either lol. Pretty new to androids, but this forum makes it easy...

Reactions: gbiggie
Upvote 0
Thanks Finaly!! I figured it out! Now how do I get the ROM,s to install!! overclock!!!!

Sweet! Go here http://androidforums.com/esteem-all-things-root/460450-lg-esteem-all-things-root-guide.html
and read read read(how I have learned so much on here)...root first of coarse.

Gingersteem extreme rocks! ;)

Upvote 0
No to be rude but I think all these "issues" should be addressed in OP. Which it will later helps any person that come across those same issues.

And btw great work guys!!! This will definitely open the doors for new people who have zvc already update on their phones.

It has become a wip...think I have update the guide itself say-8 or more times since I first did it-updating it to indeed address the "issues" as they have come up.
The bottom line is most do not want to "READ".
While I can relate to the process being intimidating for a nOOb or non- CPU person(I would like to think of myself as neither lol) it is a simple process if one just follows the instruction. :)

Upvote 0
After following the instructions, plugging in the device, selecting DLL and tot/bin file, after about half a minute I get the following message. Note that I was not prompted for any special number and the phone screen looked normal during this time.

I can't see the pic...blurry...no I am not drinkin lol
What's it say?

Upvote 0
After 30 seconds, without prompting for meid or whatever, it says:

"COM6_UNKNOWN

SubProc :
Cause : Total code block is not calculated "

Have not seen this one before...hmm...try this:

Close lgnpst program...unplug phone...open lgnpst.plug in phone set to internet connection...in lgnpst...expand and diminish..then.(FILE-SELECT DLL-VS910.DLL) ...then select the tot/bin... click start...should ask you for 6 digit spc at that point...enter it if it does.
You guys are killing my battery tonight..;) lol jk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones