• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gun violence again...

My children are grown and gone now. They knew I had guns but they never had access to them. Nowadays, I keep one of my grandkids several days a week and she's never seen a gun in my house. They're put away where only I can get them.

You're a responsible gun owner. I wish all gun owner were like you!

Upvote 0
I have no problems with anyone owning a gun. That's one of our rights.
The problem is the people who have a gun and the actions they choose to do with it.
So, as we can see, that system is failing in the United States at the moment and for the foreseeable future.
If anything it'll just get worse.
You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Back in the day there was a thing called respect, and everyone lived it.
Respect is gone, common sense is gone, help for the mentally unstable is gone, hell, the world is seriously messed up and to top it off we've got Artificial intelligence waiting to take us all out!
Welcome to the Apocalypse, shut the lights off if you're the last one out.

Upvote 0
When I was in high school I participated in the ROTC program, all phases of it.

We had a shooting range on the top floor of the high school ! ! !

Bet you don't see that anymore ...

I can still remember receiving my Scouta marksman proficiency badge when I was 14 in 1978, for pistol and small-bore rifle.
The local 1st Warmley Scouts, had their own shooting range. I bet you don't see that anymore. And not in the UK you wont.

Reactions: Hadron and Dannydet
Upvote 0
WTF...

Screenshot_20231005_144853_X.jpg

Upvote 0
CNN:
“In a preliminary toll, the terrorist act that targeted the graduation ceremony of students at the Military College in Homs led to the death of 80 martyrs, including 6 children, and the number of injured was 240,” Hassan Al-Ghobash said.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack. In an earlier statement, the defense ministry blamed “terrorist organizations supported by well known international parties.”

Upvote 0
Concealed Carry in Maine
The Division of Weapons and Professional Licensing provides concealed handgun permits for approximately 360 municipalities in Maine as well as all out of state permits. In excess of 3,961 permits were processed in 2020 by this unit.

In June 2020, amid nationwide protests over police brutality and early coronavirus restrictions, nearly 39,000 Texans applied for a gun permit for the first time. But that number fell to just under 5,000 by November 2021, three months after the state enacted a “permitless carry” law allowing almost all Texans age 21 and over to carry handguns in public without licenses.

Guessing we feel the need to protect ourselves more than they do.

Vice President Kamala Harris said gun violence is the leading cause of death for children in the U.S. and called on Congress to pass stronger laws, including making background checks universal, passing a red flag law and banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

And as usual the beat goes on ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The least expensive model in the glock line cost upwards of $550.00, not a bad deal ....

says the promotion was initially only sent to patients on the gun club’s email list.

Not just anyone is eligible for the promotion, according to Kurt Lieberman, the gun club’s owner.

Patients will need to visit the club in order to actually receive the gun.

“You have to be 21 and older, and then, we do a background check here on site,” Lieberman said.

Upvote 0
96% of all mass shootings over the last 75 years have occurred in "gun free zones". Why? Because criminals target places with the lowest probability of armed resistance. Such zones are nothing but criminal empowerment zones that create a false sense of security. The solution is simple: BAN "gun free zones" and give law-abiding citizens the freedom to defend themselves and others, wherever they are.

Private store owners have a right to post their property as "firearms prohibited" - and I have the right to not go there. However, in Tennessee we have a law stating that if a law-abiding citizen is wounded or killed by criminal gun violence and were unable to defend themselves because they were in a location that prohibited possession of their personal self-defense firearm, the property owner assumes legal liability for damages.

When criminals fear bullets coming their way, they are more reluctant to commit the crime!

Upvote 0
Chief that stat on 96% of all mass shooting occur in gun free zones has spuriousness. At least according to everything I have read. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the 2nd amendment. I've owned guns.

Claims misrepresent mass shootings in ‘gun-free zones’

Like the shooter today, I really doubt he picked the school because it was a gun free zone.

Reactions: ocnbrze

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones