• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent MMS?

jimiramone

Jan 13, 2011
Hello, Ive had a look around and found some handcent posts but I cant seem to find any about the MMS? Has anyone else using this programme have any problems with it? I seem to be able to recieve MMS from other fones (which are not android, recieving from other fones seems fine) and when i try to send MMS it just seems to fail :thinking:. Its the same with the normall "messaging" on the legend but this is not a problem I previously had as MMS was working fine. anyone any ideas?

Tried this and MMS are still failing :(. I noticed in the thread it states

"DO NOT click on the Mobile Data switch or you'll break it again! Now hide the Mobile Data Switch in Quick Settings by using Customize so you don't hit it by accident"

I have a APN switch i downloaded that i use to switch off the internet to save battery, should i not be doing this? I also noticed that in the "APN-broken" file i had much more information in it than there were in the edited file. Also 13 different files were shown in APN backup before the edit. :thinking:

Upvote 0
What i realized is that if you send MMS and txt together and your txt characters are over 160, it won't send. you need to use the Split 160 and change your Maximum MMS Size to 1.2 or higher if apply.

but then sometime it won't send anything at all, then u just gotta reboot the phone.

Pissed me off all the time, but unfortunately, Handcent is the only one that can send: TXT,PIC,Sound simutaneously.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones