• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handsfree Bluetooth issues with Evo

Roymus

Jul 18, 2010
I've been using my EVO 4G with my Cadillac CTS handsfree bluetooth for about a week now, and I've noticed that the phone will frequently lock up while in use...particularly if I'm on the phone and get another call. I used to use a Palm Pre in the car and the bluetooth on it worked fine by comparison for over a year. The bluetooth implementation in the CTS is demonstrably buggy..., but I'm still concerned about the phone freezing up, as there's really no way to "unfreeze" it. Interestingly the phone can still receive calls when locked up (you have to answer via the car handsfree...the phone will ring but the screen will remain locked). Trying to force a restart with the power button won't work...the restart dialog will be displayed but you can't select an option. Eventually the phone will "unfreeze" and can be used again, but this is getting to be a problem as I'm in the car a lot. I can live with this if there's a workaround to restart the phone using buttons...maybe some combination of power + volume does the trick? Thanks...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones