• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Has anyone completely deleted TW Launcher?

I was going through root explorer and noticed how much space TW Launcher uses. I use Launcher Pro myself and was wondering what might happen if I happened to get rid of the file.

Saps posted the how to awhile back....but basically you have to move adw/lpp whatever from data/app to system/app...,then you can delete or rename twlauncher....,you will get immediate fc hell....hold down power button or batt pull....next time you boot hou are good to go...,this will break social network sync however

Upvote 0
Ok I was able to find it this way but it said could not delete this file. :thinking:

Click mount as rw at the top in root explorer

And make sure you have another launcher in system/app

yup, and the biggie is to make sure you have another launcher in there....i mean you can get around the no launcher situation to get into the market through search to download another...but its a pita :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones