• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hate My Eris, Convince Verizon to Upgrade?

What app do you use for this?

not sure I understand the question.

What app do I use for backing out of a program?
nothing just the back button.

Checking running processes?
several options there. running processes is a settings shortcut under manage applications in 2.1. or you could use system panel or another task killer of your choice.

deleting apps? I usually uninstall thru the market or with appbrain

Upvote 0
To OP, how long did you have your Eris for? I've had mine since February and I'm thinkin I might try doing the same thing, also since my cousin works there I might be able to convince him if I get a couple replacements and keep complaining after each one. Did you have to pay the $300 and get the $100 mail in re-bate or was it just $200 straight?

Upvote 0
not sure I understand the question.

Checking running processes?
several options there. running processes is a settings shortcut under manage applications in 2.1. or you could use system panel or another task killer of your choice.

OK... that's what I meant. I know any task killer shows all apps running... but i wasn't sure if there was something more precise that shows which stay awake and are draining battery

Upvote 0
OK... that's what I meant. I know any task killer shows all apps running... but i wasn't sure if there was something more precise that shows which stay awake and are draining battery

Spare parts will show what is running and using battery. There are a few system information apps out there that will show you what state apps are in as well as the amount of battery they are using.

Upvote 0

spare parts can show you that

haha otd beat me to it. I'm in class and just responded to the email and didn't see that SHE already answered it

Upvote 0
...I'm thinkin I might try doing the same thing, also since my cousin works there I might be able to convince him if I get a couple replacements and keep complaining after each one.

If I'm understanding you correctly, there's nothing wrong with your Eris but you want the Incredible so you're concocting some scheme with the help of a relative inside Verizon in order to get your way?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones