• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ajdroidx

Android Expert
Oct 8, 2011
Colorado
I could not decide if I should stick this here or the android general. If it gets moved, then I guess I have my answer :eek:

Anyway,

With "HD" screens starting to be come the norm on devices now days, seems everyone is trying to take advantage of that fact and charge more (usually an extra buck) for the HD moniker. One such thing that has caught my eye is angry birds (to use because its insanely popular) has a standard and HD version.

I ended up downloading the free angry birds star wars in standard definition and it looks good on my Galaxy note 10.1 I also got Bad piggies on it and I really do not see the difference. Perhaps because the screen resolution is not a full 1080 (of course, in technical terms HD is actually 720 and goes up from there with 1080p being "full").

I believe the Nexus 10 has the highest resolution screen on pretty much anything out there. (I think?)

Do you download HD games and apps on your device? Or do you just allow the screen to blow up the phone app to tablet size?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones