• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Headphones lose priority over phone mic

darkestred

Android Enthusiast
Sep 19, 2011
NJ
Anyone use headphone to record voice or conversations? I am rooted. I have used CM based roms and now i'm on Malladus rom. Whenever i have headphones in and a call comes in, the user on the other end can barely hear me.

By dumb like i had the phone close to me and they said i sounded great. When i put the phone down they couldn't hear me again. When putting the phone near my mouth they said it was loud.

Wondering if anyone else has noticed this issue or has this issue.

I tried Brainwavz m5 and pro alphas. After reading what you said, i tried a pair of phones i don't use (phonak pfe122) and the mic worked. I'm wondering if this phone doesn't like mics on the actual headphone. The phonak's have volume control with mic on it. The brainwavz are built into the earpiece.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones