hello from chicago,il

Last Updated:

1. staypuft

staypuft Active Member This Topic's Starter

just got my g1 and loving it, former iphone user. everything good except battery life.

Advertisement
  2. lkosova

lkosova Well-Known Member

HI,

I am from Chitown also.

To get better battery life turn off everything like wifi, bluetooth, gps etc. You really don't need it in chicago. The cell towers are great. Also turn g3 to g2 setting. Again you just don't need it. This will save the battery and turn bluetooth on just when you are using it and turn it off when not.

You should see a large increase in battery life. Seems like we all went through that and charge your battery full before using the g1.

Hope that helps,

Larry

3. staypuft

staypuft Active Member This Topic's Starter

thanks, i was told also to lower the brightness of the screen, i thought it was too bright to begin with only using about 25% brightness and i love it

4. lkosova

lkosova Well-Known Member

There is a application called toggle that will turn off most that you need and a new one that I am trying out (forgot the name but came out yesterday) that will turn off everything including bluetooth and you can manage your screen brightness also.

Larry

5. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

there is an app in the app store called power manager allows you to configure that stuff depending on the amount off battery life so when the battery hits a certain level it turns something off and continues to as configured... might give that app a shot...