• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello from Raleigh, NC

Hi there,

I'm a Verizon customer and have been using a Droid 2 Global for two years. I absolutely loved it when I got it. Now I hate it so much I'd throw it off of an overpass if I had something else. I am, however, a big fan of the Android OS and will be getting a new phone in the next week or so.

I'm here because I need help figuring out which phone will best meet my needs (Yes, I read the sticky about that!). Once I have it I look forward to chatting with other users about how to do fun new stuff with it.

I'm not a power user. I like being able to be online, use FB, text and so forth. I also like finding interesting apps that help me in some way. I'm not a gamer or streamer.

I'm a SAHM mom to toddler twin boys as well as two adult boys. One of the grown kids lives with us, so we have a houseful of fun.

Glad to be here!

Hi Jenny and welcome to Android Forums!

With a household of folks like you and me, having everything at your fingertips is important. You sound like it's time for a new phone!

Have you considered a Galaxy S3? If you're not a power user or a rooter/ROMmer, then I can recommend that as a wonderful tool to organizing your life.

I have a Galaxy Nexus, which is a phenomenal phone, stock vanilla Android, and still holding its ground after a year and a month. While it's no longer available at Verizon, you can likely get a great deal on one at Swappa. They sell gently used phones and I recommend them.

If you have any questions (except maybe where the nearest overpass is), feel free to ask.

It's great to have you aboard! :)

Reactions: MrsJennyK
Upvote 0
Thanks for the welcomes. I have posted my whiny plea in the device comparison forum.

And yes, having things at my fingertips is important. I have my phone next to me all the time because it is my primary way to organize myself. Every time I think of something I need to add to my grocery list, a task I need to do, an appointment to remember, I can do it quickly while not losing sight of my toddlers!

The S3 and the DNA are the two I was most considering, but I just started thinking that maybe it was silly to spend $200 if I don't need to. :)

Jenny

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones