• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root hEllO....HElp PlEaSe!?!?!

Hi TU owners!!!! :) So I've been playing with this phone for quite some time now and I must say I enjoy it pretty well!!!! The devs for this phone have done a great job with all the roms and enchancements for this cool little phone.

SO....Ive also been asking questions about this phone for months now and it seems like no one either wants to answer or has an answer or sometimes im just not sure:thinking: And I know Im asking new inovative questions(about things that havent been asked in the threads already) and I know people see them cause they go on to actually post multiple comments after it!!!! And I know no one is required to respond or help anyone!!! But I just wanted to know if mabye its because I ask in the wrong way or dont give enough info??? Im just not sure???

Anyways if anyone does rad this and wants to respond or needs help I really have a few questions about this phone like;

*I have a BOOST MOBILE STU*

1.Does the native Sprint hotspot and USB tethering work for anyone?? It always gives me some kinda weird Code:67 message!! Im not sure what that means but how can I fix it???

2. Ive been doing some research and this is what I came up with; Several devs and people have debated wether this phone has 4g capabilities. Their are even advertisments for this phone being 4g capabile on the internet and being able to be used as a hotspot. Then I read a couple articles about how a few companies were making 4g capabile phones and just more or less hiding the technology or locking it out!! I have a believe this is a phone like that!!! And we already have some wimax files on our phone but im not sure what they do and noone wants to help me in the quest to find out or so it seems!!!! LOL I would like 4g speeds on this phone!!!

3.How come in the packages xml the ACCESSWIMAX_STATE has no number value??? And I cant edit it to put one there?? How would I look at them also??? Through some dialer code perhaps??? And when I use the ##33284# and tap on configurations my phone went into some kinda crazy black screen with a yellow sign with a ! on it and the lights lit up blue and red so it was purple!!!! I had to do a battery pull but phone is ok!!

4.Im currently running blooddawns CTmod 7.0 and luvin it!!!! (THanx BRo!!!) My google services framework force closes alot and I have no idea why!!! LOL but anyway what is the simtoolkit for?? and what would happen if I unlocked the sim or the phone??? Would I loose boosts service??? Also and this is super importaint, where can I view my HA and AAA keys???? Ive been looking everywhere for them and cant seem to get them anywhere!!!!

5.Lastly and this may seem out there but I was reading somewhere that people could partition their drives and flash a new radio to work!! So that all the talk and MMS went to one radio and all their data streemed through the next one making it sooooo much faster cause its all that radio had to do!!! Is this actually true or possible??? Id just like to know!!! Im a learning freak!!! LOL

Thanx to all the DEVS, people with a STU and anyone who reads this post and has some helpful insite!!!! :smokingsomb:

1.Does the native Sprint hotspot and USB tethering work for anyone?? It always gives me some kinda weird Code:67 message!! Im not sure what that means but how can I fix it???

I am a boost customer and dont have the sprint hotspot app... however when I use star settings or another usb tethering app it does not work for me.. I use foxfi with great success.

2. Ive been doing some research and this is what I came up with; Several devs and people have debated wether this phone has 4g capabilities. Their are even advertisments for this phone being 4g capabile on the internet and being able to be used as a hotspot. Then I read a couple articles about how a few companies were making 4g capabile phones and just more or less hiding the technology or locking it out!! I have a believe this is a phone like that!!! And we already have some wimax files on our phone but im not sure what they do and noone wants to help me in the quest to find out or so it seems!!!! LOL I would like 4g speeds on this phone!!!

Wimax binaries are on this phone but what I've read says that there is nothing you can do to make 4g work for this phone. It is up to boost to enable it either from their towers or on your phone..

3.How come in the packages xml the ACCESSWIMAX_STATE has no number value??? And I cant edit it to put one there?? How would I look at them also??? Through some dialer code perhaps???

Dunno.

And when I use the ##33284# and tap on configurations my phone went into some kinda crazy black screen with a yellow sign with a ! on it and the lights lit up blue and red so it was purple!!!! I had to do a battery pull but phone is ok!!

I dont think ctmod has the hidden menu, I may be wrong but that would cause the issue you are talking about.. which btw is called a ramdump.

4.Im currently running blooddawns CTmod 7.0 and luvin it!!!! (THanx BRo!!!) My google services framework force closes alot and I have no idea why!!!

Try clearing data from the app menu in settings. search these forums for more info.

LOL but anyway what is the simtoolkit for?? and what would happen if I unlocked the sim or the phone??? Would I loose boosts service??? Also and this is super importaint, where can I view my HA and AAA keys???? Ive been looking everywhere for them and cant seem to get them anywhere!!!!

I dunno.

5.Lastly and this may seem out there but I was reading somewhere that people could partition their drives and flash a new radio to work!! So that all the talk and MMS went to one radio and all their data streemed through the next one making it sooooo much faster cause its all that radio had to do!!! Is this actually true or possible??? Id just like to know!!! Im a learning freak!!! LOL

I dunno

Sorry if I haven't answered a prior post of yours in the past but I generally try to not post to threads I am not knowledgeable about unless it is to ask a question.

Reactions: Satanslave187
Upvote 0
Alright, so I've been up for over 24hrs, the last 10 of which have been spent working on re-vamping my red-n-black theme, so I apologize in advance if my train(s) of thought end up more like a train wreck. :p

1. I get this error too when I try using the sprint hotspot app, and I'm on sprint...go figure. Since I have internet at home, I don't really feel the need to tether. All i know for sure is it's sprint's way of forcing their hotspot service on their customers by intentionally making the app look at otherwise useless data.

2. I know I disagreed before about the TU having (or not having) 4g, but I'm beginning to change my mind. In the process of altering a few key files to make them fit the theme better, I came across a 4g radio signal indicator (like the 3g one). So unless it's just part of the basic package when making a theme with UOT Kitchen, what's it doing there?

3. I have no idea on this one, other than I think it's a linux, and therefore android thing. For example, I've noticed that with Windows (which is what I'm used to), it hates files without a file extension (like the ".zip" at the end of the files the ROMs and other goodies come in). On the other hand, linux (and android) have files without file extensions left and right, and still know what to do with them, no less! Again, my mind's fried from lack of sleep, but I seem to remember coming across a file or two that supposedly took up no space as well, and yet still did whatever it was they were supposed to do.

4. Your guess is as good as mine on that one. But being the cautious sort I am, I'd say leave it be, for the sake of not taking the chance of losing service on your pimped out ride...err, device :p

5. This sounds to me like something similar to manually changing the PRL, or something I came across in my Moto days where you could actually reprogram the radios to send the same address to hide tethering (but you had to know what you were doing and be EXTREMELY careful, or you'd end up with a pretty paperweight). Anyway, same answer as #4 here, as well....I just don't know enough at this time. :thinking:

Reactions: Satanslave187
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones