• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hello: noob idiot problem: logging in online - handset or network (Three) problem?

monkeybird

Lurker
May 31, 2010
Go gently with me please, I know literally nothing...

I spent a wasted hour of my life on the phone to Three support trying to work out why I couldn't log in to my Three account page using my handset. They now think it is a problem with the handset (which I bought Simfree).

Basically I try and login; hit submit; get mostly blank white screen which at top says 'login successful click here to read the page you want' or somesuch. I do this, and it mostly takes me back to the login screen.

Originally it was autopopulating the fields with the original Sim number (before I ported my old number), so I cleared the cache, cookies, passwords etc. That didn't solve the problem.

The Three lady then fiddled with homepage settings. Which didn't solve the problem either.

I CAN login to my Three account via PC so suspect she is right about a problem on phone specifically. I have had a similar problem on one other website when trying to login on handset. But not on other password protected sites.

Can anyone advise what this might be being caused by or if they've had a similar problem that is resolved?

Thanks.

I have just discovered in the 'phone identity' settings the number is showing up as the old number (from the original Sim) rather than the numbers I transferred. There doesn't seem to be an option to change it but I could just be being dim. Could this be causing some kind of security conflict preventing login to certain sites? Does anyone know how to change the phone identity settings? (Three support assured me they had done everything they needed to do...)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones