• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help a rooting noob

for rooting and roms i keep seeing instructions saying put the root tool or rom on the sd-card then do the maintance mode and run the zip from there.

can this be done from a pc over usb as i can never access or see the file structure on my pc?

do i have to use the sd card as a separate media out of the phone to put the files on their? ive not tried this yet as i dont have an adapter for the pc.

for rooting and roms i keep seeing instructions saying put the root tool or rom on the sd-card then do the maintance mode and run the zip from there.

can this be done from a pc over usb as i can never access or see the file structure on my pc?

do i have to use the sd card as a separate media out of the phone to put the files on their? ive not tried this yet as i dont have an adapter for the pc.

You just have to put the zip file on the sd card, you can do that using a card reader or connecting the phone to pc through the usb cable.
After that you need to restart the phone into recovery mode and install that zip file.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones