• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Help Choosing Extended Battery?

Z3R0115

Jan 23, 2011
So I read alot about how horrible the battery life on the Incredible is, Mine will be here wednesday, But I wanted to get a bigger battery, however I'm having trouble finding specifics,

I have a few criteria for the battery I want

1.) it has to not suck (I say this because I read alot of people get for example a 1500mah battery and it's looses charge quicker than stock)

2.) It needs to fit the phone as it, I already ordered a case for the phone so it'd be kinda a waste if I bought a 3500mah And the case didn't fit because it's a brick now

3.) Need to know a site I can buy it from :p if you tell me you have a 1500mah that works perfect and only costs 2 dollars good for you, give me the site so i can re sell them for 15 on ebay X D

Just telling me where you guys got your batteries from is good enough for me but I'd like to hear what you guys would reccomend

Thank you ^-^

So I read alot about how horrible the battery life on the Incredible is, Mine will be here wednesday, But I wanted to get a bigger battery, however I'm having trouble finding specifics,

I have a few criteria for the batter I want

1.) it has to not suck (I say this because I read alot of people get for example a 1500mah battery and it's looses charge quicker than stock)

2.) It needs to fit the phone as it, I already ordered a case for the phone so it'd be kinda a waste if I bought a 3500mah And the case didn't fit because it's a brick now

3.) Need to know a site I can buy it from :p if you tell me you have a 1500mah that works perfect and only costs 2 dollars good for you, give me the site so i can re sell them for 15 on ebay X D

Just telling me where you guys got your batteries from is good enough for me but I'd like to hear what you guys would reccomend

Thank you ^-^

Stock battery is okay. Just tap the top power button, to blank the screen when you are thru retrieving or entering information. If you let the display time out then you will suffer the "battery power sucks" problem.

Reactions: Z3R0115
Upvote 0
Yep, you should spend some time with the stock battery before you spend money on a new one. And before you start saying the battery is bad wait until you get done 'playing' with your phone setting it up, seeing what all it does, etc etc - because all that messing around definitely will draw down the battery.
So don't START looking at your battery life until you're using the phone like it will be used day to day, which is probably sometime after the first week of ownership.

Reactions: Z3R0115
Upvote 0
I use the 1800 batteries and have been very happy...

Now, I do always carry the spare, but never need to use it that much....

I do suggest that you charge these using an external charger. You will see a difference in battery life.... I get about an additional couple of hours out of batteries I charge in the external charger compared to charging in the phone....

Lego

Upvote 0
Thanks for the recommendations. I've been running the 1800 for a couple days and am thoroughly impressed. Thanks again.

As a short note, when I first put the back cover back on, I noticed a very slight bulge. Then, I put my silicone case back on and there's really no perceivable difference. I've not yet tried the external charge method, but haven't really needed to, since each night I still have plenty of usable battery remaining.

Upvote 0
Me personally, I'm sticking to HTC batteries. My 2150 gets me through a good day and then some with moderate-heavy use, and my 1300 is good for lighter usage and in my Otterbox Commuter case.
But after using the 1750 Seidio battery, I'm swearing off any other non-OEM batteries. It was good at first, now it's worse than 1300.

Upvote 0
Me personally, I'm sticking to HTC batteries. My 2150 gets me through a good day and then some with moderate-heavy use, and my 1300 is good for lighter usage and in my Otterbox Commuter case.
But after using the 1750 Seidio battery, I'm swearing off any other non-OEM batteries. It was good at first, now it's worse than 1300.

yep. about three months and my seidio 1750 would die so fast.

bidallies 1500 mah has been great for about three months now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones