HELP HELP ASAP... htc home pages gone.General

Last Updated:

1. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded pandahome and used it for a while I liked it but I wanted to switch back to the HTC sense home pages. When I clicked the home button and touched HTC sense it said fore close so I uninstalled pandahome now both HTC sense and pandahome the only thing I have is home. What do I do? Full phone erase

Advertisement
  2. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

Go to settings-->applications-->manage--> Home then clear defaults. After that just press home and it should give you a choice of either home or htc sense.
    Hope it helps.

3. mach1man

Did that. When I click HTC sense it force closes.

4. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

My Sprint HTC Hero with Sense UI also did this after I loaded Panda. I hope you find a better procedure to clear the condition, but I had to perform a factory reset to restore Sense. Needless to say, I'm never going to attempt to run another 'Launcher' app except Sense UI or the native android home on my Hero in the future. I'll use the Android emulator to play with those other Launcher UI's.

5. mach1man

That's what I thought I was going to have to do. If I do that how do I get my contacts back.

6. Sketchee

Sketchee Well-Known Member

When you visit http://www.google.com/contacts and log in with the same account as your phone, do you see your contacts? If so, they will just sync right back onto your phone

7. smacky

smacky Banned

Factory reset took me all of 15 minutes this morning, but it was all because I installed a newer OpenHome while still in OpenHome. Rookie mistake. But it really isn't that bad. If you have to do a rest, just do it. It really removes the other clutter on your phone like reinstalling an OS on a computer does.

8. davros

davros Well-Known Member

What new openhome smacky? Like 4.5? weird ive never had that problem....

9. mach1man

well i ended up screwing it up last night by making htc default so i had to do a hard reset. The phone is working great now though. Im running a lot faster and smoother. Thanks for all the help.