• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help help help

meguru

Lurker
Nov 13, 2012
guys help needed...i have just installed jealy bean in my galaxy s i9003 and gapps...but its not working properly...wi fi not working , bluetooth not working , there is no file manager etc.... i just want to go back to gingerbread but dont know how to....help me to get back to gingerbread

Welcome to the forums meguru, glad to have you here :)

Sometimes with OTA updates they can cause issues like this, and would be best solved through a factory reset, unfortunately this does erase your data, but it will probably solve all these issues, if not feel free to get back in touch with us!

However, since i do not own the Galaxy S, i really do not know if the update has been pushed out for Jelly Bean on it...so if you have rooted the device a factory reset would still be recommended...

Also here is the Galaxy S forums: Samsung Galaxy S - Android Forums

Thanks for joining :D

Upvote 0
guys help needed...i have just installed jealy bean in my galaxy s i9003 and gapps...but its not working properly...wi fi not working , bluetooth not working , there is no file manager etc.... i just want to go back to gingerbread but dont know how to....help me to get back to gingerbread

What device do you have? Did you make a backup before flashing your new ROM? If so, just go into your recovery and restore the backup. If not, lesson learned. Always make one!! :p

If you don't have a backup, we can help you locate a stock rom for your device pending we have more information about your setup! :)

ETA:
Oops, I didn't realize that the device was listed. Also, is your device rooted?

Reactions: meguru
Upvote 0
page not found.....i just want to ask that....i was having ddkp3 before installing the jealy bean...by same method of flashing i can also go back to any of the gingerbread version

As far as I know, you should be able to use the same method. It might be helpful to ask in your devices all-things-root section because you will be asking people who have used your device and are more familiar with it.

Link updated in last post.

If you would like, I can move this thread into the Galaxy S all things root section so that others with your device will see your questions and hopefully be able to offer a little more assistance for your specific questions than I can.

Let me know!

Edit to add:
I see the download is missing from the link I posted. Check HERE for the download!

Reactions: meguru
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones