Help htc one s Bootloop after rom flash

1. Gfv355

Gfv355 Member

hello, i recently rooted my android using hassoon 2000's tool. I then used rom manager to reflash a rom, i cant remember which one. Anyway there was an error, i went into recovery mode and did a full wipe. After i heard i could use RUU to reflash the stock rom but had to relock the device. I then relocked the device and am getting error 155. Im ready to call tmobile up and get another one but id rather figure out where im having problems.

Advertisement
  2. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

I believe error 155 means the bootloader is unlocked. When you boot into bootloader mode does it say "relocked" or "unlocked"?
  3. Gfv355

Gfv355 Member

It says relocked
  4. agentc13

What ruu version are you using and what carrier (and country) is your phone?
  5. Gfv355

Gfv355 Member

RUU 1.0.5.2011, im in the united states tmobile carrier
  6. agentc13

7. Gfv355

Gfv355 Member

Im not sure would that change which ruu i need to use?
  8. Gfv355

Gfv355 Member

I remember in ruu that it said it was going to update the phone with 1.53
  9. agentc13

Well, you need the correct RUU. If you had 1.84 software you need that RUU it won't let you flash 1.53.

When you boot into bootloader, what hboot version do you have?
    Gfv355 likes this.
  10. Gfv355

Gfv355 Member

Alright, i guess ill have to try process of elimination, are those links only the 1.53 ?
  11. Gfv355

Gfv355 Member

Disreguard that last question my eyes answered it themselves... im going to try the .84 version hopefully it solves my problems
  12. agentc13

In that thread are a lot of different RUU'S. The 1.84 is down a bit. If you can twll me what hboot version you have, I can probably figure out what one you need.
  13. Gfv355

Gfv355 Member

hboot 1.09.0000
  14. agentc13

Try the 1.84 RUU. If I am remembering correctly that is the hboot version for 1.84.
  15. Gfv355

Gfv355 Member

Yeah its working!, thanks a million. Hopefully i can re root this phone and get cyanogenmod working.
  16. agentc13

I would recommend using the sticky here instead of an all in one tool, that way you know the steps yourself if you ever have issues. I also prefer TWRP2 recovery to CWM, but either is fine. I have been running CM10 for a couple months and it's really solid.
    dongemus likes this.