• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help me please :3

Alm3ga

Lurker
Apr 26, 2010
Hey guys, I've been having a problem recently while trying to flash a new rom using rom manager. After the rom finishes downloading I check all the boxes, (backup current rom, and wipe date/ cache), and it says hit okay to reboot into clockworkmod recovery and I hit okay, then it shuts off and it comes up with the motorola "M" screen and just stays there.. And it wont do anything :/ I have no clue what's going on, is it just taking a long time?

-Alm

Hey guys, I've been having a problem recently while trying to flash a new rom using rom manager. After the rom finishes downloading I check all the boxes, (backup current rom, and wipe date/ cache), and it says hit okay to reboot into clockworkmod recovery and I hit okay, then it shuts off and it comes up with the motorola "M" screen and just stays there.. And it wont do anything :/ I have no clue what's going on, is it just taking a long time?

-Alm

Sounds like the recovery image is corrupted (happens occasionally...don't worry).

Flash the "alternative recovery" which is SPRecovery (located at the bottom of the main page of ROM Manager.

Then reboot...

Then Flash back to the "Clockwork Recovery" using ROM manager and you should be good to go.

Upvote 0
I've had that problem in the past. Helpful forum members had me reboot while hholding camera and volume buttons which got me back to the most recent ROM installed from where I could access ROM Manager to flash SPRecovery and then re-flash Clockwork Recovery. At that point I was able to successfully flash a new ROM.

EDIT: Ah, beaten to the punch...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones