• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help me with eBay question

I don't know of any way the guy bidding could do anything bad with the ESN. A ESN gets dirty due to the account it's attached to is not paid-to-date and the carrier that holds that account disconnects the phone. That phone then can't be used until the account's debt is paid, even if it's sold to someone else.

You can always call your carrier's customer support and make sure there's nothing that they can do to screw you over by knowing the ESN, but I don't think there's anything.

Reactions: ChampN252
Upvote 0
Pretty standard. I've bought and sold used Androids and both asked and gave out the ESN. It's easy to call Verizon and just ask them to tell you if an ESN is valid. They don't even ask your name, but the only info they give is if it's valid or not.

Just don't give them any other personal info. As said above only the current owner can get an ESN blacklisted by actions or reporting it stolen or destroyed. You wouldn't want them impersonating you while talking to Verizon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones