• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP !!! - My Camera won't work

Hello,

My son decided to immerse my Samsung Galaxy GT-I5500 in blackcurrant this weekend! It was in for about 3 seconds and I thought I had got away with it but when I tried to use my camera 2 hours later it said "WARNING - CAMERA FAILED". Also, the accelerator thing (movement thing) has stopped working.

I just wondered if anyone knew if they can be fixed or if they are gone forever! If they are gone I'm gonna be gutted :(

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my post and I hope someone can help me.

kind regards,

Nina

If it's a moisture problem, you could try removing the battery, sim and sd card, leave the cover off and put the phone in a bag of uncooked rice for at least 24 hours. However, i don't have a clue what blackcurrant will do to electronic connections or sensors. Most likely, if you need those features to be reliable you will have to get a new one. (Phone, not son.)

Reactions: ninathompson34
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones