• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP!! My Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 got totally bricked!

Hey, yesterday, I got my Mini back from samsung service center. and they fixed it free of charge. because they said the warranty will only void if there are any hardware damage. mine just software. so I think they wiped it clean. and install a fresh OS. I lost my gingerbread, but no problem. I can use it again (back to the experiment table, now.LOL) :)

Hi, i do the same thing with my phone. My phone is bricked now.. just now .. huuhhuhu . What did you tell to Samsung. They havent found out that the phone was bricked because of rooting.? What did you say ..
Please right back or text 09175995581 - ching.pyu@gmail.com fb.. Thanks.. reply much appreciated..

Upvote 0
im happy for u! im feeling really pissed and disappointed now that brought me here. I bricked my phone too, that was 3 weeks ago. I was also trying to update my OS to gingerbread and failed. Before sending my phone to a service center, i read couple of reviews about same incident to reassure myself that i can still get my phone fixed. Just yesterday i brought my phone to a service center near my place to have it reprogrammed but when i call them today to check, the agent said i need to replace the motherboard (im ****ing upset, because they want me to pay same amount of a new samsung mini for a ****ing motherboard!!) *sorry* i thought, no actually i believe that the only problem with the phone is the software. It was working fine, before i updated it. I just dont feel they want to help me!!!!

Upvote 0
Just a few weeks ago i was browsing on this very thread and the reason my phone was bricked was because i tried to root it and then when i tried to install cyanogenmod my phone switched off and never turned on again.

since i was on contract, i went to the three store whom im in contract with and they sent it off to samsung to get it fixed for free. so if you are on contract go to the store and they will fix it for free. just make sure that you dont tell them that you tried to root the phone.

Upvote 0
Hello guys. I have carefully read through the whole thread, and I must say, boy there are a lot of different ways to brick a phone.
Personally, i bricked my Samsung Galaxy MINI GT-S5570L because I upgraded to Gingerbread 2.3.4 through Odin v4.38. That was not the problem though. Actually i did not like Gingerbread because of 3 bugs (which I will be posting in another thread of course) The thing is that I wanted to downgrade to Froyo 2.2.1 (The original, the one the phone had at the moment i purchased it) and then my beloved phone went to deep sleep, meaning it was a hard-brick. The phone didn't respond to any button combination, but whenever I plugged the USB cable onto the port, Windows7 would give me the tipical sound any connected hardware makes.
Bottomline: I fixed it, mostly thanks to the androidforums.com website, surfing arround the web to get a solution. Eventually i found out that a brick, no matter how hard it is, can be fixed (as long as it is just a software issue), and I signed up to androidforums.com JUST TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE hoping that some that have had bricked his phone, could fix it.
Even though i don't remember the exact and precise combinations, here I go:

(I think this set of steps works in these conditions: Hard-brick, absolutely non-responsive to any button combination. Odin still recognizes the phone when connected through USB port)

1.- Remove both the SIM card and de microSD card.
2.- KEEP YOUR BATTERY REMOVED
3.- Apply the Download-mode button combination (known by you all)
4.- WHILE HOLDING THE COMBINATION, insert the battery, and keep the buttons pressed untill you get the download mode.
5.- Flash your phone with a valid firmware through Odin (Preferebly, have Odin prepared before doing this trick)

I finally flashed it widh Gingerbread 2.3.4 but i don't really like it, because it ended up a little buggy, which i am still trying to get rid of.
Anyway, i hope this helps.
Have a nice day
Fomelogo

Thanks a lot! That worked for me. I had bricked my Galaxy Mini while trying to upgrade from Froyo to Gingerbread using Odin. I thought my phone was gone, but this trick revived it! I had to repeat the steps a second time as it did not seem to work at first try.

Upvote 0
Few days ago I upgraded my galaxy mini to gingerbread using Odin multi downloader v4.38. there was no problem phone running the gingerbread.

I got it rooted too

Until yesterday I installed some few apps from the market (I didn't exactly remember the names) but I think I installed an apps related to bootrooms or something (I still cant remember the name :thinking: it can make sd card partition too and asking for superuser permission)

After running it and trying some few settings, suddenly my screen goes black. and it bricked forever! I already tried to get into download mode (volume down+home+power) nothing happened!
I take the battery out, sd card out, sim card out, and repeat all over again.
I even tried pressing every button combination (power+home), (volume up+home+power), etc, but it is just dead. nothing on the screen! :(

but Odin still can detect it ("detected" "connected" status) but if we cant get the phone to download mode then it's useless right?

It's totally dead now. Can something like this cause a hardware damage? or this is just a firmware/software problem?

Help me please! or the only way is to get it to the service center? :(:(

the only way to repair your phone is to find a repair shop that has a Riff JTAG to resurrect your android phone..., It's way better than bringing it to a samsung service center...., unless you still have your warranty..., Goodluck bro...,

Upvote 0
The same thing happen to me also but my phone bricked due to rom manager. I could not get to the download mode but odin still detect my phone. It was new....And u have installed a new frimware on ur mini that already void ur warrenty and i heard that if they found any vertion which is not official, they won't repair ur phone..But u can give urself a try to fix it using odin but with original frimware. The originar frimware of mini is available on androidangle website... Download it and flash it using odin... Hope that work be4 sendin it to service center.... would you help me.. tooo.. this is my problem in my samsung galaxy mini gt-s5570..

Upvote 0
I have same but a little different problem. When I power on or connect it to pc its screen become black. And it has not detected by pc. But in in download mode it`s been detected but poping up massage saying that usb device is not recognised. And odin also did not detect it. My phone is bricked when I tried it to factory reset it while I was charging the battery. Plz guys help me out......

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones