• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help needed: Fascinate bricked I think

rick2934

Jan 8, 2011
I was trying to install the BLN kernel using the method that allows you to select the zip file using an app called SGS Kernel Flasher.

My problem is I think I might have used the kernel for the Vibrant even though I have a fascinate. I misread the instructions and thought it was for all galaxy S phones. Now if I turn my phone it the screen stays black and if I click the touch buttons they light up but that is the only thing my phone will do. I can boot into recovery and tried running the update.zip from in there but it's not working - saying it's not signed correctly.

Is there anything I can do from here?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

I was trying to install the BLN kernel using the method that allows you to select the zip file using an app called SGS Kernel Flasher.

My problem is I think I might have used the kernel for the Vibrant even though I have a fascinate. I misread the instructions and thought it was for all galaxy S phones. Now if I turn my phone it the screen stays black and if I click the touch buttons they light up but that is the only thing my phone will do. I can boot into recovery and tried running the update.zip from in there but it's not working - saying it's not signed correctly.

Is there anything I can do from here?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Try restoring your phone to stock with adrynalynes all in one odin (check the threads in here) it should.help you out

I don't know why you were using sgs kernel flasher when we can just flash kernels from clockwork recovery and almost all of them have bln built in

Its best to do some research and be comfortable in your own recovering abilities before doing something that you are wary of

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones