• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help on restoring an HTC Desire to stock.

Hello everyone,
Sorry if this has been already asked but I couldn't find any other threads with the help I needed.

I currently have an HTC Desire (GSM) that was locked to Orange but I have unlocked it. I have rooted it and used a total of two custom ROMs, those being Oxygen and CM7.

I've just bought a new phone so I've decided to sell my Desire. The problem is that the friend who I'm selling it to wants it completely restored to stock (I have no idea why) and to be honest, I have no idea where to start.

I assumed I would simply need the original ROM so I searched around for one that matched my Radio and Baseband, with no luck. Then I came across RUUs but as it turns out there isn't one compatible for me (I think). I am not even sure what Baseband and Radio are entirely, or whether the software has to match it etc.

My baseband is 32.48.00.32U and Radio is 5.10.05.30. I would really appreciate any help I can get on this, thanks for looking guys!

Reactions: Superflibbit
Upvote 0
UPDATE: I just tried to flash the Gingerbread ROM and I get this message in CW Recovery: 'Amend Scripting (update-script) is no longer supported. Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5. It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Ginerbread based recovery. Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update binary) to create working update zip packages. Installation aborted.'

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
No it doesn't, you wont need a goldcard as it's the official htc upgrade. The other two Rowlers mentioned are just rooted stock roms either froyo or gingerbread and the better option imo. The rom will just look like a stock rom, but with root access. I would think your friend would soon run out of room anyway (the reason why most of us root in the first place, to enable a2sd+)

Reactions: Superflibbit
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones