• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP... Phone keeps rebooting after flashing rom

mavenali

Lurker
Dec 8, 2012
After flashing my htc one v to any available rom it will load into the os for about 15 seconds and reboot. It will then load again and reboot. Neverending cycle.

I unlocked bl
flash cm10 and gapps
flashed boot.img

using twrp recovery 2.2

also cleared cache x3
and dalvik x3

tried factory reset. still loads and reboots after 15 seconds.

Are you on Virgin Mobile in the US? The list of One V RUUs is here:
Directory listing of http://www.htcruu.com/Primo

Make sure you have the post-OTA (1.00.00.0928) radio in HBOOT before trying this fix... there's another bootloop issue I saw after installing certain kernels (e.g., simon's Jellyboot5), so you could try installing the "SuperSlick1-0" kernel if you already have the correct version (1.00.00.0521_2) of the radio firmware.

Upvote 0
RUU_PRIMO_C_ICS_40A_Sprint_WWE_VM_1.08.652.6_Radio_1.00.00.0521_2_NV_VM_3.46_0503_PRL61008_release_262414_signed

is the file i changed rom.zip to pk76img.zip

I tried though hboot and fastboot

both ways tell me Wrong CID

I flashed boot and recovery it came with and locked bootloader.

nothing wants to work.

Upvote 0
In that case it's definitely the same issue, since the .0928 radio will bork any non-stock kernel. Somebody posted a different solution here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2018518

I'm not sure what the "Wrong CID" is about... what does it tell you when you run `fastboot getvar cid` in fastboot-usb?

Bluegrass cellular is a local company in kentucky. after the OTA update to the .0928 radio it started saying virgin mobile..

is it possible that if i take it to bluegrass cellular they would be able to reflash the radio?

Upvote 0
yea i know that now! lol.. any ideas where i could find RUU for bluegrass cellular (acg Associated carriers group)
No.
There are ways to pull off the partitions from a phone in raw data form. If you know someone with the same phone and carrier, they could run the command to back all of that up and send it to you to put back on.

However, that probably won't fix a flashed radio. Radios are the one place you can really destroy a phone fast.

Upvote 0
My htc was an upgrade about 3 weeks ago.. I got a upgrade offer for samsung galaxy s2 today.. a computer glitch on bluegrass cellulars system that I was never supposed to recieve.

SO I have an htc one v (s-on) no operating system right now... am offering it up to be flashed and reflashed and so on.... experiment away!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones