• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help Please, Problem with Incredible

CaseyKees

Android Enthusiast
Apr 11, 2010
Western NY
I just got the new Rezound, and gave my Incredible to my husband. I did a factory reset and cleared the SD card before I transferred it to his phone #. He said on Monday he received an update and ever since then he has not been able to access the internet.

When you power off and turn back on, he gets a pop up that says.

"UID on the system are inconsistant, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable."

Then there is a button that says "I'm feeling lucky".

Is this some kind of a virus? Do I need to do another factory reset? I hope someone can help!! It was working fine up until I gave it to him and did the factory reset.

Thanks!

That sounds weird as hell. I would definitely factory reset again, this time make sure you use every option available to wipe existing data. When I did it to mine i had couple different options to factory reset, ie, saving pics, saving settings, etc....

Have you tried turning off 'fast boot' and then trying internet? Perhaps toggling airplane mode on and off, along with turning data on and off through the 'wireless&networks' menu?

Upvote 0
That sounds weird as hell. I would definitely factory reset again, this time make sure you use every option available to wipe existing data. When I did it to mine i had couple different options to factory reset, ie, saving pics, saving settings, etc....

Have you tried turning off 'fast boot' and then trying internet? Perhaps toggling airplane mode on and off, along with turning data on and off through the 'wireless&networks' menu?

I will try that. All I did was turn it off and back on. I don't even know what kind of update he received. And of course he tells me at the most inopportune moment that something is wrong with it. I will have to look at it more closely when I get home. But along with the internet, apps like pandora, weei (a radio station), appbrain etc...are throwing up error popups too. I am pretty sure when I did the factory reset, I wiped everything. I wanted him to have a "clean" phone. He is hoping I don't have to do another reset, but I may have no choice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones