• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help please! Why is data constantly being drained when I

Pianissimo

Lurker
Sep 28, 2010
Hi. I wasn't sure which forum I should be posting in, hope this is ok!

My problem is that whenever I am logged into the Facebook app, data is constantly being used/drained, regardless of whether I'm using it (I use 3G watchdog so I can see this happening). I've experimented to the point of turning all sync settings to off/never etc - in the app settings and the phone sync settings - and yet this still happens. It's as much as 1mb every few minutes! The only way it stops is if I disconnect my mobile internet, or log out of facebook. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

I actually also have another problem, which is unrelated (I think!), but I'd be grateful if anyone can help with. Whenever I turn my phone off and on again, it tells me I have a new sim card (I don't), and prompts me to change settings, but force closes when I try to do so. When I try to open the set-up directly from the app menu the same thing happens. Is there a way to fix this?

In case it makes a difference, I have the HTC Wildfire, on Orange. Thanks for your help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones