• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help please

Hi

Been running a Desire HD and when I saw the ICS upgrade, I decided to take the plunge and just bought a Sensation XE from Ebay and was told it was factory unlocked.

All seemed good but when I looked at the build number it was 1.73.707.4 cl1776167 Im sure that this is an ASIA build. I did a factory reset and the keyboard options were English Singapore or Phillippines etc. Click on Phillipines as that is nearest to our english. Settings now say Thai Keyboard but it types in English.

Theres no carrier splashscreen so im taking that its a factory unlocked for the asia market.

Question is can I install a European Stock RUU from HTC Sync to change the build number or am I stuck. I really wanted to get the update from HTC.

Alternatively can I unlock the bootloader via the HTC tool and then flash a new ROM

Any help would be grateful as i need to get back to the seller as to whether I will keep it or not

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones