• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help replacing build.prop by comm-adb

By "saving modifications" i mean I edited the file and saved what I wrote (and now I am fu***), and yes, I had a feeling that I was going to have problems so I made a copy of the file to the SD card. But now I cant do anything becauce I cant have access to the device.
(and yes, it was to install a game in this game, I saw on a forum that a person did that and It worked, so I bought the game, and tryed to install and nothing, thats why I tryed to modify the file).

By the why, i am able to enter on "Fastboot mode" now. But I still get the same error, device not found, but at least on the Device mananger I see that my PC knows that the device is conected.

Upvote 0
O.k. just so you know. build.prop is a file that contains certain system vital parameters(that's why it's located in the systems folder)that are read by the system at each boot session. Some values are only read on the first boot session and some are read on every boot. When you saved the modifications did you save the file as build.prop again? If so, it may be very difficult to get out of this situation.

Upvote 0
I am pretty sure it was. but there was a "backup" file next to him. hmm
But yes, I am sure the file that I modified is all screwed up. thats, why I wanted to go with the command line and replace it or modify it OR simply install a new ROm and problem solved.
But I am geting this "device not found" message, and it seems I cant find a good (working) recovery.

P.S. I searched on the web, and it seems you can actualy do what I wanted: http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-1295141.html
Btu this damm "device not found" problem... hmm

Upvote 0
When I try to go into recovery mode it shows me this message ( I had Malez recovery on my phone):

---------------------
|SD Download mode |
---------------------

OSBL veersion=a4-03.32.01 #0 #0 #0 #0

SD image download procedure... FAILED! IMAGE_DIR_NOT_FOUND

--------------------
|________________|

Does this means that I need to satke my SD card, insert it on a PC and extract some new files or something?

EDIT:
I tryed this: http://android.modaco.com/topic/3452...a-gen1-032701/
and got this:

All-in-1 image /mmc1/acer_ug/acer_xx/acer_L...1.bin was found size=220531438
SD image download procedure... FAILED! Read File Fail, please restart again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones