• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with forcing ota update!

Got the n861 yesterday, tried to update the software within the software update app and it said the software is current (ICS 4.0.4) downloaded the online tool and it also said the same thing, ICS... 0B06... "no upgrade packages available" Its a public mobile pay-as-you-go here in Canada.... any help would be appreciated. Btw, did a factory reset, tried it with both USB debugging on and off, AND.. called zte helpline and they said they've never had that problem before where the software won't upgrade, and than they gave me an email address, waiting on that reply now too.

Any help at all would be very much welcome.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies, turns out that 4.0.4 is the current software however I still have B06 and it won't let me update it to B09. I told them this and they said they'll get back to me.... still waiting.

Also I checked out that link, and being that this is my first ever android device and I have never done any rooting or flashing, I'm a bit worried I might brick it. Especially, since after being on this site for 3 straight days, I am more than confused as to how to root it and what the best ROM would be considering I'm reading things like, the camera won't work or bluetooth, etc. Really have no clue what to do here, and why is the gps so miserable?? lol i'm hoping an update fixes it. Anyways any advice would help.

Upvote 0
Anyone still want the ota? I have an untouched ota.zip for b11. Had to restore my phone yesterday with the tool and it downgraded me to 4.0.4 then i used my official ota zip and upgraded inside stock recovery. Rooted with framaroot.apk and download rom manager to install cwm.
Yes please! My fiances phone had jb till it had to get sent back to zte for replacement, now shes on ics and never gets the ota update to jb

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones