• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help help with htc one m8 stuck in boot loop

Andy Sutton

Lurker
Nov 29, 2016
Hi everyone

I have a htc one m8 that i replaced the screen on and when i booted it up it booted into the hboot i tried recovery and factory reset and it all just end up at the boot menu if i reboot it gets to the htc logo then its stuck
ive seen alot of posts and followed alot of guides but with no success.

i can get in into fastboot and talk to it on computer but anything i try it fails ive tried using the htc RUU's ive tried loading the RUU zips onto a memory card and loading it in hboot and it either says the file is too large or just fails.

i did manage to get it to boot up once but i didnt know the code to get in and the alarms kept going off so i turned it off thinking it would boot up again but no back to the bootloader.

i did something last night and now it just keep loading the boot loader for about 10 seconds then resetting and just keeps going in a loop.

it is locked and has s-on
version main is 6.12.61.4
cid is ORANG001

i have little experience in flashing phones i have flashed a stock rom onto a samsung galaxy s4 usin odin but i was just following a step by step guide, however i seem to have learnt alot about flashing htc's lol

i know you're probably sick of trying to fix everyone's broken phones but it would be much appreciated

thanks

Andy

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones