• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with unlocking phone from current network?

joeyboy

Lurker
Dec 6, 2012
Apologies if this is the wrong section to ask this...

So I'm trying to unlock a HTC desire. My old network 3 has emailed me an unlock code to do this.

I put in an O2 SIM and the phone comes up with a screen prompting me to "enter PIN code". Now I've tried the unlock code in my email twice and it's not what it wants it seems. I've only got 1 go left so I didn't want to try entering it again.

Does anyone know what the problem is here? Is it asking for the SIM cards serial number when it says "PIN CODE"? If so would that be my old 3 SIM, or the serial number of the 02 SIM? I never had a PIN on my phone when I was using it so I can't think what it wants really?

cheers for any advice guys.

Oh never mind, now I'm just confused...

I tried 0000 as it's the default O2 PIN number. It worked and now my phone seems totally usable with O2 being the network. It hasn't asked me to enter the unlock code 3 sent me at all..which is annoying since 3 charged me for the code AFAIK.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones