• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero Battery running HOT using CM6 + Wireless Tether

Anyone experiencing the same amount of heat when wireless tethering? My battery is currently running at 53 degrees Celsius (127.4 degrees F).

It's plugged in and used as a wireless tethering device all at the same time.

It does get warm! I'm running Fresh 2.3.3. After about 10 minutes of tethering, the last time I used the wireless tether, the notification light started blinking alternately green and amber, while it was plugged into the laptop. I pulled the battery cover off, (while continuing to tether) and it quickly stopped blinking. I never checked the battey temp, and I don't know what temperature triggers this "warning". This was about 6 weeks ago, and I have seen no obvious issues. Previous tether sessions didn't display this warning...

Upvote 0
It does get warm! I'm running Fresh 2.3.3. After about 10 minutes of tethering, the last time I used the wireless tether, the notification light started blinking alternately green and amber, while it was plugged into the laptop. I pulled the battery cover off, (while continuing to tether) and it quickly stopped blinking. I never checked the battey temp, and I don't know what temperature triggers this "warning". This was about 6 weeks ago, and I have seen no obvious issues. Previous tether sessions didn't display this warning...

Interesting... I never got a little warning signal from my phone... just a little OMG THIS THING IS HOT reaction. I thought my phone was going to blow up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones