Hero's touchscreen awkward for emulators?

Last Updated:

1. Burus

Burus Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering what it's like as I may just get the G1 instead if a slew of these apps don't work too well without the aid for a hard keyboard.

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Hard keyboard is almost essential for games IMO ...

And for many other times as well ...

3. Burus

Yeah I really feel it's bugging me so much I wont buy the hero. This will be my first proper good phone ever, and I'm stuck between the G1 and the Hero... Could you give me some advice, seeing as you're a g1 guy, I'd like to know from someone who knows a fair bit of the ins and outs.

4. Wahwah

Wahwah Well-Known Member

Get a G1 for cheap and wait for the next amazing Android phone then.

5. Burus

I may do that, a contract for 18 months is 300 pounds, worth it? And by then better phones will
    be out no?

How about you? You a hero or a g1 guy?

Sorry for the questions, I'm just really lost at the moment.

6. Wahwah

Wahwah Well-Known Member

I've got a Hero and I think it's a good phone but it seems like there are lots of Android phones on the way. I didn't have a G1 because I don't like keyboards and soft screens, but if you want a keyboard you may as well go for one of those. I wouldn't get an 18 month deal on it though, there must be 12 month ones now, and it would free you to get the latest thing in a year's time.

I'd have a look and see what's due to come out and decide based on that. If you've got to wait 18 months I'd definitely get the Hero, once all the excitement has worn off you might not end up using the emulators and all the other gadget-y stuff anyway and you'll just be stuck with a bulkier phone with a less robust screen if you go for the G1.

Not particularly helpful I know but if you procrastinate you'll never get anything. Make a choice and go with it and forget the other option(s).

Good luck!

7. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

There's always the potential of a mini-USB game controller for Android some day. There isn't one currently, but the concept doesn't seem too difficult ;)