• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help home screen appear before lock screen.

imprez me

Sep 26, 2011
so i have been using galaxys2 for a almost a month. loving this thing and really like the android community. so just want to ask if you guys ever have this problem or annoyance.

whenever my phone is on idle, like "press the lock button, the screen turn off". after a short while, i wanted to check my phone so i press the home/lock button and i expect the lockscreen to appear first so i can swipe it, but most of the time i see my home screen appear first for half a second before my lock screen actually shows up. a lockscreen appearance delay. have anyone having this issue?

i'm using a live wall paper (nexus revamped) if that helps.

I would only guess that live wallpaper take fair amount of CPU to start when you wake the phone. Perhaps to get it ready on the button press, it sucks some resource causing the small delay in displaying your lock screen image. Did you try to reproduce this behavior using normal home screen wallpaper ?

i kind of assume that as well where the live wallpaper would take some amount of CPU when awake the phone. i don't think this ever occur when i had a normal wallpaper or ever noticable. i'll change my wallpaper to normal and see how it goes. thanks

Upvote 0
Same here, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't... regardless of what kind of wallpaper I use

I generally find the SGSII very slow to wake up (everything else is blazing fast off course)
I previously owned a desire HD and that thing waked up instantly, whereas the SGSII takes even a few seconds! Not something I expected from the 'fastest' wide spread Android phone

Upvote 0
so i have been using galaxys2 for a almost a month. loving this thing and really like the android community. so just want to ask if you guys ever have this problem or annoyance.

whenever my phone is on idle, like "press the lock button, the screen turn off". after a short while, i wanted to check my phone so i press the home/lock button and i expect the lockscreen to appear first so i can swipe it, but most of the time i see my home screen appear first for half a second before my lock screen actually shows up. a lockscreen appearance delay. have anyone having this issue?

i'm using a live wall paper (nexus revamped) if that helps.

I had the same problem except I was using a regular background for the wall paper! The problem seem to be fixed or greatly reduced when I changed the unlock screen to the space wallpaper that comes pre loaded onto the S2, and by changing the home screen background to the black rivitted looking wallpaper that also came pre loaded.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones