Home screen delete

Last Updated: 2011-10-14 17:31:35
  1. flowersinlondon

flowersinlondon Active Member

Hi,

I have a HTC Hero and I added 2 new Home Screens thinking I will add shortcuts to it. But I don't need them anymore. How do I delete these empty Home Screens?

- K

Advertisement
  2. franners

franners Well-Known Member

You can't. There are 7 whether they are empty or not. Empty them by holding and dragging each icon to the remove bar and then ignore the screens you don't need from then on.
  3. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

Do you mean scenes? If so, i have no idea either, but would like to know.
  4. flowersinlondon

Yes. I mean scenes, I suppose. I am surprised there isn't a way to delete empty scenes.
  5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

You can delete any you have created yourself, but not the stock HTC ones.
  6. cheggerspop

cheggerspop Well-Known Member

To delete scenes you've created -

Menu > Settings > Personalize > Scenes > Press on Scene you want to delete for about two seconds and you get an option to either Rename or Delete

Chegs.
  7. flowersinlondon

Sorry I confused myself and everyone :eek:

I meant Screen - Within each scene, there can be multiple screens right? The ones you move from left to right. Can you delete an empty one which has no shortcuts on it?
  8. cheggerspop

cheggerspop Well-Known Member

Okey dokey, now we've got to the bottom of your question, the answer is..........nope!?! ;)

Each Scene has 7 homepages (so to speak) and you can't remove any of them.

There ya go :D

Chegs.
  9. PC Bigboy

PC Bigboy Well-Known Member

It should delete itself

That said, I wish Android would add a feature whereas if an app is uninstalled & it has a shortcut on the homescreen, that the shortcut is removed too (Actually this feature does exist but it's rather buggy & inconsistent)

Cheers :D

Pat