• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Homeless Kernel 1.0

i talked to pg a while back, said he popped in my mods into his kernel, not sure if it worked as expected since i cant try it anymore. Mine was very simple :) different io scheduler and hardware power tweaks. but i take measurements a few hours long between each new thing to make sure it improved battery, rinse repeat. his kernels merge code for lots of stuff but different developers created governor code etc.. any bit of code can eat battery. i suspect some small piece may be chewing up energy, only way to find out is remove one at a time, flash, test repeat. when battery becomes great again you found the bad apple.

Upvote 0
i talked to pg a while back, said he popped in my mods into his kernel, not sure if it worked as expected since i cant try it anymore. Mine was very simple :) different io scheduler and hardware power tweaks. but i take measurements a few hours long between each new thing to make sure it improved battery, rinse repeat. his kernels merge code for lots of stuff but different developers created governor code etc.. any bit of code can eat battery. i suspect some small piece may be chewing up energy, only way to find out is remove one at a time, flash, test repeat. when battery becomes great again you found the bad apple.

so wat up bro r u planning to make another one for zvd if ur need someone to test hit me up ;)

Upvote 0
my baterry life.. broken out rom ZVD + homeless 1.3 + kanaida lg optimizer.

screenshot1335320267386.png

Upvote 0
can I flash this over gs extreme 2 if so would some mind telling me how

yes u can flash this on gs extreme you can flash this in cwm if u downloaded from phone reboot in cwm then choose install zip from sd card then choose install from internal sd then go to downloads find homeless wipe cache and dalvik then install then reboot that's it ;)

Reactions: haxmethod
Upvote 0

Can you make one for ZVD please? I really like all of your work with the kernel... hope to see you soon!

Upvote 0
Please help ! I rooted my phone with cwm recovery all that stuff, the first thing i installed from sd card was the homeless kernel 1.3, right after when it said reboot system, i did and now i am stuck in the lg bootloop, it was my first install, so then i took out the sd card and put it in my computer, put a exit recovery file i got from another website, tried to flash it from cwm and rebooted system, still the same bootloop problem, so i got the stock recovery rom from this site, and i tried to flash it too, but still, once i rebooted system, my phone is still stuck. Please help, i barely got this phone two days ago, and im already worried i bricked my phone! :(

Upvote 0
Please help ! I rooted my phone with cwm recovery all that stuff, the first thing i installed from sd card was the homeless kernel 1.3, right after when it said reboot system, i did and now i am stuck in the lg bootloop, it was my first install, so then i took out the sd card and put it in my computer, put a exit recovery file i got from another website, tried to flash it from cwm and rebooted system, still the same bootloop problem, so i got the stock recovery rom from this site, and i tried to flash it too, but still, once i rebooted system, my phone is still stuck. Please help, i barely got this phone two days ago, and im already worried i bricked my phone! :(

No need to post your issue in multiple places. It makes it confusing for the people trying to help. Making a thread about your issue is just fine. Same people look at the same posts and threads. ;)
Check your post as I've offered a solution for you.

Welcome to AF.

Upvote 0
Can you make one for ZVD please? I really like all of your work with the kernel... hope to see you soon!

I checked the first post and it hasn't been updated to show which firmware has support but this does work with ZVD. I've got it flashed over PG's Plagued ROM.

Much better battery life. Build is #13 for the kernel.

Thanks PG and kanaida =)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones