• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps How can I develop an android game (app)

July03

Jun 14, 2011
I want to develop a game. I have the idea already. It's put into words, very descriptive. The problem is actually making the game. I prefer to design it my self but I have no experience in programming. Non whatsoever. But I don't mind learning.

1- Where can I learn, almost like a beginner crash coarse, how to design and make these games.

2- How long would it take me to make an app like angry birds (graphics, sounds, levels)

-----if not------

3- where can I hire some one to develop this for me

4- how long will it take and how much do they usually cost?

There is no "crash course" or "quick way" to learn to develop games. Even to seasoned programmers, game development is a whole 'nother world. I first recommend learning how to program (any language you want.. the concepts transcend any language barriers). Once you are a competent programmer, there are a number of ways to go about developing a game, but it really boils down to creating your own engine for the game, or using a pre-existing one.

A popular one is Unity. It's cross-platform in that you can write your code once and it will be deployable on many different platforms, however only PC and Mac deployment is free (and even it is limited with the free license). For every other platform, Android. iOS, flash, etc... will cost you a good chunck of change. If you have no experience with video game development, however, I highly recommend you go this route.

Check out their engine at Unity - Game Engine.

There are a number of other engines availble, however this is the most complete and east to use one.

Upvote 0
Hi. I'm new to this forum. I want to create an Android game and fast! I have a great idea for a game (I'm sure you've never heard that before) and I can't believe that there aren't any good examples(or many bad examples either) of this game. I am an illustrator/graphic designer specializing in vector graphics. My partner is a software designer, so he should have the programming covered. I'm assuming that I can create the artwork in Adobe Illustrator. I don't have experience with digital animation software. I'm not even sure what questions to ask, because of my total lack of experience. Any help/links/advice with formats, software, or anything that I need to learn to get started would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!:smokingsomb:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones