• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I do this?

BigknockHawk

Oct 30, 2010
Hey all, I have been racking my brain on how to do this, but I can't figure it out.

I know I can select and copy text on a web site, but I want to be able to do this in other situations. For example, if I get an e-mail that I would like to select and copy text from it to then post on to Facebook. I can't figure out how to select and copy in that situation.

Is it possible??

while you are on the webpage you want to copy from, hit your menu key, hit "more" then click "select text" it'll say "text copied to clipboard" then go to you're comment box or status box, whichever you're posting it as on facebook, hold your finger down, a menu will come up and give you the option to "paste"
hope this helps

Upvote 0
while you are on the webpage you want to copy from, hit your menu key, hit "more" then click "select text" it'll say "text copied to clipboard" then go to you're comment box or status box, whichever you're posting it as on facebook, hold your finger down, a menu will come up and give you the option to "paste"
hope this helps

This does help in this situation, however, I am also wanting to be able to copy text from e-mails. I do not see the same options as above for e-mails.

Upvote 0
I use the K9 email app, so my suggestions may not work the same if you are using the stock email app. If you're using the stock email app, my first suggestion would be get K9. It solves all the problems with the stock mail app.

When you want to copy text from an email, you have to be forwarding it or replying to it in order to select any text in the message. Press forward or reply, then long press anywhere in the message. The menu options for selecting text will pop up.

Reactions: BigknockHawk
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones