• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do i uninstall useless apps

Hello all my android family..

i remember i got the lg phone and it was useless but the apps was perfect. but the phone wasen't so got the wildfire. kinda smashed my first one by playing pokemon on it in my first 2 days and got a new one. but i have so many useless apps like stock blah blah blah that keeps running. or is just there. and i downloaded handsent or something like that so would like to delete my old messenger. any one knows how i can do that. maybe this question has been asked before but i am a newbee and looking threw so many folders is why we have smart phones to make life easier lol..:D

Welcome to the Android Forums.

Stock apps included in Android devices can only be removed by acquiring root access.

That is a process that some users are eager to do, and some not because it voids the warranty.

If you're interested, have a look around the Wildfire All Things Root sub-forum above this main forum.

Wildfire - All Things Root - Android Forums

Upvote 0
Don't really care about the warranty. its a contract phone and i think my warranty only last for 7 days.. YEA i no T mobile right. didn't get insarance because hey if the phone breaks it breaks. but kinda confused and scared at the same time. just got the phone do i really want to go threw all that.. hmmmm but thank you anyways...

Upvote 0
rooting is not as complicated as you may think, it enables you to remove unwanted htc apps but really if thats all your using it for its kinda pointless. something like handcent can just be set as default so it will always open. i recommend the XDA Developers website if your thinking of rooting, lots of info there, also install a task killer to kill unwanted apps to speed up the phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones