• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do you program VM password into X dialer?

xliderider

Android Expert
Jan 28, 2010
Where Diamond Head Stay
On my Droid 1 and Fascinate, I am able to program in my Voice Dial password and long press 1 on the dialer keypad to call voicemail and have my password entered automatically.

I can still enter my password in the X's Menu, Settings, Call Settings, Voicemail Settings, Voicemail Number. However, the dialer that comes up when I press the shortcut icon I have setup in my LP dock brings up the Blur dialer? Whatever it is, the voicemail password does not get entered automatically and I have to still manually enter my password.

Does anyone know how to get the VM password to enter automatically, or to disable the Blur dialer and get the stock Android dialer back?

Option 2
Do what I said in my earlier post....then....
Open the dialpad, press menu: speed dial setup, then press the delete or "-" button next to the first entry, then tap it again and assign your voicemail contact.

One touch voicemail will be achieved.

Thanks, it worked. I didn't think of editing the contact called Voicemail.

Editing the Voicemail contact then reassigning the speed dial to the Voicemail contact worked. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones