• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How easy is a rooted phone to customize

scgodfrey2

Lurker
Apr 2, 2011
So im reading about rooting my new galaxy s fascinate and im liking the benefits. I've never done anything like this but im seeing alot of detailed instructions on how to do it so that makes me comfortable. Im wondering though, things id like to change such as not having to slide the glass or puzzle to unlock it and when i get an incoming call i dont like how its different each time i just want an answer or ignore to hit dont want to be sliding anything. Guess my question is how easy will it be to figure that out, and if i really need to root my phone to do what i mentioned.

Changing the screen lock and be done by finding the correct update.zip package and flashing it via either cwm or 2e recovery. For the incoming call one, not entirely sure if it's possible. The sliding feature is implemented so that you don't accidentally pick your or phone while rummaging through your bag or pockets.

As for the the music, I don't think it can be done at all. However, you can put music control on the lock screen using apps like widget locker, and control the music app without opening the lock screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones