• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How far can you push the LG GW620?

Why did you hi-jack my thread?

If you had read this thread properly you would have seen that I was keeping this thread going for reference, it was reading perfectly till you came along.

anyway, phone is going great no problems at all, maybe a bit slugish at times but well worth putting up with

My bad.
But NVM i solved the problem.
Continue on...and Rogers is a Canadian phone/cable/internet provider

Upvote 0
To make things a little easier, try putting all of the files (fastboot, boot*.img and system*.img) into the tools directory.

1) Go to the tools directory withing the SDK using CMD.

2) From there (with the phone is fastboot mode, will look like a bunch of text at LG screen) run the command "fastboot -w" (no quotes of course)

3) Next run the command "fastboot flash boot BOOTFILENAME.img" (replace with the version you are using)

Hopefully that's successful (can't see why not if you have the files available).

4) Run the command "fastboot flash system SYSTEMFILENAME.img"

5) Make sure you have the google apps zip file on your SD Card (DO NOT UNZIP), just put it in the top folder (i.e. root).

This post helped the most, try going through the points here

Upvote 0
been trying to go to the rc4 build but cannot get it to boot

Capturetest.JPG

any ideas? my wifes phone has become incresingly unstable, not good at all

Upvote 0
For anyone contemplating this I found an easy solution:

Open Etna Windows Flasher (WinFlasher V1.2.1 as of Nov. 17th)

I used that and it automated everything for me. I tried to do the commands myself but ran into problems. The Windows Flasher (there's a Linux version too) did the trick for me.

Look in the OpenEtna Forums for the latest version.
Open Etna flasher for Windows/Linux

Anne

Reactions: billpayer
Upvote 0
hey guys, ive been trying on and off to update this phone but without any luck, cannot even get the boot.img to load using cmd, so tried the open etna flasher for windows posted by amazonannie and managed to get the boot img to load but not the system img

Capture2.JPG

any ideas?

ps using bootV2.4.4 systemV6.1-rc5

doh I was sleeping, didnt unpack the sys image how stupid

Upvote 0
Hi Billpayer,
I used boot V2.4.1 and system v6.1-rc5 and it worked. It was recommended to try the older boot version as there were some problems with the newer one.

I kept getting errors and "ewing" suggested the following:

Just try to update your SDK in windows, then unzip the file system and boot image on tools. After that do a fastboot again. Hope this way will work...

If you want to follow my trials and tribulations:
[SOLVED] writing 'system'...FAILED (remote: flash write failure)

Annie

Reactions: billpayer
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones